Ricky Riccardi on WBGO

Hello all. I just wanted to write up a quick entry to let you know that the interview I did for WBGO in November aired this past Friday. It was originally about a 20 minute chat and they edited down to about nine minutes, throwing in some nifty editing when I discuss "Star Dust." And no, I wasn't sick that day, that's my actual voice...not exactly a velvet tone, but hey, what else would you expect from someone who idolizes Louis Armstrong's voice so much???

Anyway, if you'd like to hear the interview, click here. My thanks again to WBGO 88.3 and Doug Doyle for giving me the opportunity. Otherwise, the plans for the week are aiming for an entry on "Song of the Islands" in the early part of the week and a wrap-up of Armstrong's six Decca Christmas records by the end of the week. Of course, with last minute Christmas shopping, a family gettogether Tuesday night, gigs on Wednesday and Thursday and a trip to Houston for a week on Friday...well, it might not happen. But for Pops, I'll try to squeeze it in. Til then!

Comments

Popular Posts